I know, it’s just Wednesday.
But let me tell you something, I think I have a handful of real fans of this blog, among them my mother. And Andreea. Met her here is Berlin, currently living in the Netherlands, providing me with food inspiration from there. Because hey, Dutch people apparently have a cuisine too. And by that I mean savoury pancakes.
Yep, she had those savoury pancakes over there. So naturally, I was sold. Only that I was too lazy to make several pancakes and fill them with meat and cheese, so I chose a Dutch baby instead.
I was a bit worried about the pancake itself but once in the oven I was starring at it fascinated, like a cat in front of a Christmas ornament.
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbs melted butter
- 3/4 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 black pepper
- preheat oven at 230º C and once hot add your cast iron skillet in it;
- mix the eggs with an electric mixer until very runny and bubbly on top – for about a minute;
- add the butter;
- add the flour, salt and pepper;
- carefully remove the hot skillet form the oven;
- add the butter and quickly spread it around the pan without burning it;
- add the mixture;
- pop it back in the oven for 15 min;
- top it with bacon, eggs, avocado or whatever your heart desire;
The level of easiness with this one is unbelievable and the result will impress anyone for sure.
So go buy your eggs and milk today and think about the weekend already.
Have a lovely brunch,