CHRISTMAS IS NEARLY HEREOMG!
And I woke up while outside it was snowing. And it keeps on snowing.
So naturally, I decided over a Christmas porridge.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cloves
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp molasses
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 1 small apple
- 1 mandarine
- handful of walnuts
- Maple syrup
- in a pot add the oats and the milk;
- bring to a boil and then turn the heat on medium/low;
- add the sugar, the molasses and the spices;
- let it simmer while stirring so it won’t stick to the bottom of the pan;
- cook up until desired consistency;
- cut the apple and peel the mandarine;
- pour into a bowl and top it with fruits, walnuts and maple syrup;
BEST RESULTS: roast the nuts beforehand; 10 min maximum in the oven, few minutes on any frying pan;
Best enjoyed in a warm cozy bed, over a Christmas Movie. I myself went for Polar Express to set up a magical atmosphere around. I sometimes even play some Christmas carols on the background while watching a movie, just because.
Merry early Christmas!