This is actually a recipe I already posted of the blog buuuut back then I was too cool to add the measurements as well, therefore my repost now.
Also, the first time I made them, turned out quite tacky but this time, my God! Airiness, fluffiness heaven melts into your mouth.
- 400 grams of rice flour
- 125 gr unsalted melted butter
- 1 cup of icing sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 tsp ground cardamom
- pinch of sea salt
- freshly roasted pistachios
- with the help of a hand mixer, whisk together the butter and the sugar until smooth and pale;
- stir in the egg yolk, the cardamom and the salt;
- remove the hand mixer and with a spatula add the flour in, gradually until it all gets incorporated;
- warp in plastic and allow it in the refrigerator for at least 2h;
- preheat oven at 180° C;
- cut the cooke dough in 4, and send two back to the refrigerator while your work with the other ones;
- with your hand, pull off a generous teaspoon of dough and shape it into a ball;
- transfer it to the baking tray by lightly flatten it;
- add the pistachios on top and cook it for 17 – 20 minutes or up until the edges are brown;
- carefully transfer them to a cooling rack and allow them to harden.
Don’t be temped to leave them in the oven more. These type of cookies, like the shortbread cookies or the chocolate chip cookies harden up while resting.
Enjoy them over coffee!