Yours truly over here can easily earn the Miss Healthy 2018 title. Easily!
all you need is:
- 1 shallot
- 3 medium size king oyster mushrooms
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 glass of white wine
- 750 ml chicken stock
- healthy bunch of wild garlic
Sounds familiar, right? This recipe was suppose to be a brown rice risotto but guess who was lazy enough NOT to spend 40+ minutes next to the pan and switched it to quinoa instead.
but with no further due,
- peel and finely chop the shallot;
- add it to a frying pan and cook it until translucent;
- cut the mushrooms and add it to the pan; season with a little bit of salt and pepper;
- once the mushrooms are cooked, add the quinoa and stir;
- add the white wine and cook until the alcohol evaporates;
- gradually stir in the chicken stock until the quinoa is cooked – or go lazy and add half of the chicken stock at once and once incorporated, the other half;
- when the quinoa is cooked and you got a creamy consistency of the dish, turn the heat off and add the chopped wild garlic.
and that’s it. Super simple, super quick and not to mention, super healthy.
Have a happy sunny spring!