Spring is like a wake up call to reality that summer is coming and your body is nowhere beach body ready. Not that I care that much but my body is smarter than I am and it’s like yo dude, Christmas is over, Easter is over, maybe now you give me some vegetables too?
So did I with what I had in the fridge, meaning:
- 6 eggs
- dash of milk
- handful of asparagus
- chilli flakes
- garlic podwer
- preheat your oven at 180° C;
- cut your mushrooms and add them to a frying pan;
- once half done, add the asparagus in;
- season with a little bit of salt and pepper, garlic powder and chilli flakes;
- add the spinach in – I used fresh since I had it lying around, but frozen works just as perfect;
- cook until the spinach is done – the key here is to eliminate as much as you can from the vegetable’s liquids so your frittata is gonna cook evenly;
- in a big bowl add the eggs, milk, salt and pepper and mix well;
- grease an oven proof pan, add your eggs and vegetables in;
- spinkle or shave some parmesan cheese and bake at 180° C until the egg cooks.
and that’s it!
Very versatile, perfect for busy mornings, lunch, to impress someone.
Until the next healthy one,