Haven’t been in the kitchen for a while but I’ve spent some time reading, researching, coming up with new recipes. Meaning I’ve boiled this black beans few days ago for two different recipes and I ended up with none but this black bean balls instead.
The recipe is super easy and you’ll need:
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 2 strings of spring onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 egg
- handful of dill
- dash of cumin
- dash of cayenne
- up to 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- in a blender, add the beans, the dill, the onion and garlic and pulse until you get a coarse consistency;
- add the spices and the egg and blend until you get a smooth sticky consistency;
- gradually add the breadcrumbs until you have a mixture that you can handle;
- with your wet hands form equal sized balls and set them aside;
- in a frying pan add some olive oil or coconut oil and fry them up until golden brown.
You can enjoy them as they are or in a salad like I did, sprinkled with some pomegranate seeds and white cheese. You can also shape it in a patty form and make yourself a good damn vegetarian burger (recipe will be up for that also).