Dunno how you people do summers but I feel like a wilted plant. Wilted dill. Wilted parsley. Wilted salad. Salad? Rhubarb goat cheese salad?
- few leaves of Butterhead lettuce or rucola
- goat cheese
- 1 stalk rhubarb
- 1 tbsp honey
- handful of walnuts
- olive oil
- sea salt
- preheat the oven at 230°C;
- cut the rhubarb stalk into chunks, discharge the ends;
- toss the rhubarb with honey and a pinch of sea salt;
- add it to the preheated oven for 5-7 minutes;
- in a frying pan add the walnuts and toast them fro 2-3 min on high heat making sure you won’t burn them;
- thoroughly wash your salad leaves and cut them to desirable pieces;
- take the rhubarb out and allow it to cool a bit;
- remove walnuts from heat and allow them to cool as well;
- cut your cheese;
- assemble your salad.
Easy as that. Dress it with olive oil and a little bit of lemon juice. Keep in mind that rhubarb might be a bit sour, like it was in my case, and it is better to add more lemon if needed rather than take the lemon juice out of the salad.