Summer is here. We don’t really wanna cook but if we do, we cordial.
And if you don’t necessarily know what cordial is, it’s this sugary drink made of pretty much everything flavorful, paired really well with sparkling water, or even better with alcohol.
It’s super simple to make, it has ingredients you have lying around the pantry and seasonal products easily available in supermarkets.
But, before drinks ingredients:
- 300 grams sugar
- 300 ml water
- 1 lemon
- 1 lemongrass stalk
- 450 grams rhubarb
- in a pot add the sugar and water and simmer on low until the sugar has melted;
- grate the lemon peel and juice the lemon;
- cut the lemon grass;
- cut the rhubarb into small chunks;
- add everything to the pot and simmer at medium heat until the rhubarb disintegrates;
- add it to a sterilized jar/glass bottle and enjoy a fair amount of cocktails!