Yep, it’s been a while but I’m back. WITH SOME AMAZING BEER COOKED POTATO BACON BITES.
I know how to make an entrance, eh?
- 4-5 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 bottle of beer, 330 ml
- shake of cayenne
- preheat the oven at 220°C;
- cut the onion and add it to a frying pan with a little bit of oil; cook it until golden brown;
- in the meanwhile, cut the potatoes into small cubes and add it to the frying pan once the onions are brown;
- add the crushed garlic in as well as the seasoning;
- add the beer and allow it to cook until the potatoes are done; the beer should cover your potatoes; depending on your potatoes (mine were the fast cooking ones) you might need some chicken stock or water added to make sure they cook thoroughly; also, keep in mind we will need a little bit of that cooking liquid for our final step;
- remove potatoes from the heat and smash them with the help of a fork or a potato masher until desired consistency;
- in a paper lined muffin tray add a tbsp of the potato mixture, top it with some breadcrumbs and pop in the oven until golden crispy;
- in the meanwhile fry the bacon and remove all of the excess fat;
- once the muffins are done, top them with bacon and sprinkle with some spring onions.
Easy, eh? I went for a little extra salt for mine since I made them for the World Cup final so they will make you drink more beer and alcohol and we can ultimately blame them and the team we support for our drinking, basically.
But until next time, stay tuned!