Yep. Beer bread. The easiest, soft on the inside crunchy on the outside bread you’ll ever make. With no yeast and no waiting time for proofing.
And by all means I didn’t come up with the recipe but The New York Times did and although it looked suspicious (bread with no yeast??!) I gave it a try. I mean, all over the wide world web this recipe required no yeast so I guess it must have been right, no?
The Internet was right. I mean, NYT Cooking was right and so was Jamie Oliver and with no further due and with internet’s blessing you’ll need:
- 3 cups/450 grams of flour
- 3 tsp of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 bottle beer, 330 ml
- 2 tablespoons butter (optional)
- Preheat the oven at 180° C;
- Combine all of the ingredients and bake in the oven at 180° C for 35 min;
- Sit amazed by the oven and wonder how is this possible;
- Drizzle butter on top of it when done if you fancy; I personally skipped it;
- Enjoy it with whatever your heart desires.
And by the grace of Instagram and people who read the science behind this recipe, the bread rises due to the combination of baking powder, beer and heat. Oh, forgot to mention it’s a no knead bread too.
Internet can be amazing sometimes, I’m telling you.
Let me know if you gave this recipe a try and if you were equally as amazed as I was.
Until the next one,