I was mumbling the other time, I think on my Baba Ganoush recipe on how to make the best-perfect-melt-in-your-mouth aubergines ever! And I was telling you back then that you basically just need a little bit more oil than you would normally use and a little bit more salt.
That’s it, really.
So, you’ll need:
- vegetable oil
- garlic powder
- place your frying pan on a medium high heat, add a generous amount of vegetable oil in, around 4 tbsps or so and allow it to get hot;
- cut the aubergine slices, round or along the vegetable, it’s up to you;
- add it to the hot pan, sprinkle with salt and garlic powder and allow to cook on each side until they are golden brown;
- be careful that they absorb a lot of oil so if needed, add a little bit more; the oil quantity will determine the melt in your mouth factor, so really don’t go stingy on this;
- once they’re cooked on both sides, add them to a plate and allow them to rest;
- when adding the new batch on, make sure you add more oil!
- repeat all of the steps until you ran out of aubergines.
Eat them with fresh bread since the bread will absorb all of the extra oil and you’ll get this amazing melt into your mouth high crab fat bite that will send you straight to your childhood!
Oh, and the best part of all is to dip the bread in the leftover juices and oil from the cooked aubergines!
You’re welcome, bye!