Another summer’s favorite. Hated it as a child, absolutely love it now.
You only need few ingredients and your trust worthy cast iron skillet, I promise.
So you’ll need:
- bell peppers, 2-3 per serving
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 crushed clove of garlic
- heat your cast iron skillet on medium high;
- wash your peppers, pat them dry and add them to the skillet;
- cook over medium heat for 20 minutes or up until the surface of the peppers becomes black;
- once done, immediately transfer them to a covered pot with some salt and allow them to steam for another 15-20 minutes;
- peel the skin off following the same technique we used with the roasted eggplants in the baba ganoush recipe;
- shred or cut the peppers and add them to a Tupperware together with the rest of the ingredients;
- add the lid on and shake vigorously;
- transfer them to a plate and enjoy it with fresh bread.