It’s Monday, ugh. You’re hungry, ugh, you don’t wanna cook, ugh again.
Yep, I got you. Plus, after the weekend you can’t really jump in intro straight miss clean eating, so we compromise. We make pasta with bacon and spinach and fried egg because no one has time to cook something more complicated than that on a Monday night.
The recipe is done in 15 and it feeds one hungry belly.
- 1/2 cup of whole grain pasta
- 50 grams of bacon, cut into cubes
- 2 handful of fresh spinach
- chilli flakes
- garlic powder
- 1 egg
- bring some water to a boil and add the pasta in;
- cut the bacon into cubes and fry it in a pan until crispy and golden; remove bacon from pan and keep the fat;
- crack the egg in the bacon fat and cook it on high for around 3 minutes; spoon over some bacon fat on the egg white so it will cook faster;
- remove the egg from the pan and add the spinach in with some garlic powder, chilli flakes and some pepper;
- in the meantime, remove pasta from heat; make sure you slightly undercook it; also reserve some of the water the pasta has been cooked in;
- add the pasta over the spinach and 2-3 tbsp of the water it’s been cooked into;
- add the bacon and cook it on high for 2-3 minutes more;
- add it to a plate and top it with the egg.
And you’re done.
Until the next one,