It’s almost the middle of the week, isn’t it? 😂
So you need encouragement. I mean, you made it so far. Have some fudgy brownies. They take 10 minutes to make and another 30 to bake. They are easy. They are rich. They are chocolaty and decadent. Nutty. Yummy.
- 125 grams butter
- 1/2 cup (65 grams) cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 drops of almond essence
- 1 cup (200 grams) of sugar
- 3/4 cup (95 grams) chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup (25 grams) chopped dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup (32 grams) flour
- pinch of salt
- preheat oven at 160° C;
- bring a sauce pan over low heat and melt the butter with the cocoa in;
- transfer the mixture to a bowl and allow it to cool for few good minutes;
- whisk the eggs in, one at a time; add the almond essence too;
- bring the sugar in;
- incorporate flour and salt in;
- add the nuts and mix well;
- bake for 30-35 minutes at 160° C.
Remember, the brownies have little flour in them and no baking powder, meaning that they will be fudgy. Also meaning that they cannot be tested with a toothpick to check when it’s done. I mean you can, but the toothpick will be dirty and you might think it needs more time in the oven. It doesn’t.
So, I suggest instead to rely on your smell. When the brownie is done it should smell of caramelized chocolate and roasted nuts.